* I have lightened up my mileage and physical training this past month for some recovery from my amazing 2019 racing year- I have been doing some easy base mileage on trails and the treadmill to begin my training cycle for 2020. I ended the 2019 racing year with the Pueblo-Rock Canyon Half Marathon. I started the racing year with the Rescue Run 10k at Palmer Park, but still continuing a gentle low mileage training cycle at this time then will ramp up mileage, training structure, and strength and conditioning. But the passion and focus never stopped. The visualization and manifestation for greatness is ongoing 24 hours a day. Will continue utilizing arm weights during runs as I have for the past few years. I utilize my training mask in various workouts.
Continue maintaining care of my left kneecap.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2019--
I had an excellent racing performance resume from 2019-- 58 total races in 2019-- I raced all over the country in 2019- to include Walt Disney races in Florida; Xterra World Trail championships in Oahu, Hawaii- 2 time division world champion, Las Vegas Half marathon division win; My Boston Marathon debut with bronchitis; my first Chicago marathon appearance in electrifying fashion with a 3:06; Raced in Moab, Utah; and many big events here all throughout Colorado. I won the Master's title in almost every event I did; I doubled again at Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon and got a division win in each race; 1st master overall in the Pikes Peak Ascent, I won USA track and field masters division races; and got some of the best times in half marathons that I've had in several years.
I got my half marathon down to the very low 1:20s -I hit a 1:18:01 last year.
I won 2 Xterra races; 2019 XTERRA national champion.
* I have been invited to be on the USA team for the Masters Mountain Running championships this September 4th and 5th in Austria.
* I am going back to the Boston Marathon this April, Returning to the Chicago Marathon in October, shooting for the New York Marathon, Doubling again at the Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon, Returning to Hawaii for a division title three peat at the Xterra World Trail Championships, I will be back in Las Vegas for the Half Marathon in November, obtaining some new sponsorships, making money, obtaining fame and respect.
1. JANUARY 1, 2020-- RESCUE RUN 10K-- lower training mileage-- 10th overall-- 2nd place 45-49 division award-- 40:44- about 30 seconds faster than last years time.
WALT DISNEY WORLD MARATHON WEEKEND- DOPEY CHALLENGE
There is no money on the line or a national championship here- but this is a big event for the Walt Disney World running circuit and is their most popular, competitive, and largest racing competition in Florida. The registration numbers get into the 14,000 + for all the races. And registration for the Dopey challenge is $600.00 per person alone. The 5k is just a fun run and an event for the Dopey challenge but the 10k, half marathon, and full marathon all have good competition. There are top three awards and age division awards are mailed to top three in all 5 year age divisions and there are also Master's Awards given too for each race except the 5k.
* Will count the 10k and half marathon as race 2 and race 3- ran these as competitions--
THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, AND SUNDAY- JANUARY 8, 9, 10, AND 11-- WALT DISNEY WORLD DOPEY CHALLENG--
JANUARY 8TH- 5K-- EASY FUN RUN- NOT A REAL COMPETITON- NOTHING AT STAKE EXCEPT TO COMPLETE THE DOPEY CHALLENGE.
2. JANUARY 9TH- 10K-- 38:12-- 23RD OVERALL-- 1ST PLACE 45-49 AWARD-6:09 PACE.
3. JANUARY 10TH- HALF MARATHON-- IN 98% HUMIDITY AND 80 DEGREES-- 1:27:33-- 37TH OVERALL-- AND ANOTHER 1ST PLACE 45-49 DIVISION AWARD--6:41 PACE.
JANUARY 11TH- MARATHON-- NOT COUNTING AS A COMPETITON-- TOOK IT EASY-- NO COMPETITIVE RACING.
WALT DISNEY WORLD DOPEY CHALLENGE COMPLETED.
2 AGE DIVISION WINS BACK TO BACK.
3. SUPERBOWL SUNDAY- FEBRUARY 2, 2020- THE SUPER HALF MARATHON- OUT AND BACK ON THE SANTA FE GREENWAY TRAIL FROM DOWNTOWN COLORADO SPRINGS-- TO THE AUSTIN BLUFFS BRIDGE AND BACK TO FINISH UNDER THE BIJOU BRIDGE ON GRAVEL, CONCRETE, AND ASPHALT-- SAME COURSE AS PREVIOUS YEARS- IT WAS HOT THIS YEAR- SEEMED EVERYONE WAS KIND OF SLOW AND SLUGGISH TODAY. I DID NOT PUSH IT SUPER HARD- JUST GETTING IN THE RACE AND TRAINING BUT TAKING IT SLOW ON MY LEFT KNEE CAP AND BUILDING UP MILEAGE AND STRUCTURE.
No money or a championship here but this brings out good local competition and the competition is usually good in the top spots and is deeper than small local races.
4.--.7--- FEBRUARY 22ND AND 23RD, 2020-- THE GASPARILLA MICHELOBE ULTRA CHALLENGE-- TAMPA, FLORIDA-
SATURDAY- FEBRUARY 22ND- RACED A 15K AND THEN A 5K RIGHT AFTER.
SUNDAY- FEBRUARY 23RD- RACED A HALF MARATHON AND THEN AN 8K RIGHT AFTER.
NOTE: I DID NOT RACE TO MY FULL POTENTIAL AT GASPARILLA AS I HAVE BEEN TAKING CARE OF MY LEFT KNEE CAP WITH --
PATELLAR FEMORAL SYNDROME (ACHONDROMALASIA) TRACKING CORRECTION WITH:
SPECIFIC STRENGTH EXCERSISES ON - HIPS, HAMSTRINGS, AND ELASTICITY (JUMPING EXCERCISES)
POSE METHOD TRAINING PRINCIPLES-- (POSE, FALL, PULL)
KT TAPING ON PATELLA PULLING PATELLA OVER TO PROPER MEDIAL POSITION FOR CARTILAGE
REGENERATION AND CORRECT TRACKING
I DID NOT FEEL GOOD EITHER AT THE SUPERBOWL HALF IN COLORADO SPRINGS ON SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.
I STILL RECEIVED (3) AWARDS- PLACING IN THE TOP 10% IN THE 15K, THE 5K, AND THE HALF MARATHON ( WHICH WAS THE MAIN SIGNATURE EVENT HERE). I MISSED OUT ON THE MASTER'S AWARDS. THERE WAS PRIZE MONEY GIVEN OUT BUT ONLY TO THE LOCAL RACERS, NOT OUT OF TOWN RACERS DUE TO THE OLYMPIC TRIALS. NO OTHER TYPE OF USA CHAMPIONSHIP, BUT THIS WAS A BIG LOCAL ANNUAL EVENT IN TAMPA- AND ALL FOUR RACES WAS THE MICHELOBE ULTRA CHALLENGE- SO WE GOT 4 TOTAL MEDALS FOR EACH RACE AND THE MICHELOBE ULTRA CHALLENGE MEDAL FOR A TOTAL OF 5 RACE MEDALS AND 4 RACE SHIRTS. IT IS A REALLY COOL RACE CHALLENGE WITH TWO DAYS OF AWARDS AND POST RACE PARTIES !!!
AT THIS TIME- SINCE RACING THE GASPARILLA MICHELOBE ULTRA CHALLENGE ON FEBRUARY 22ND AND 23RD-- WITH THE COVID-19 ISSUE - NO RACING OR COMPETITION SINCE THEN-- ALL RACES/COMPETITIONS THAT WERE ON THE SCHEDULE HAVE BEEN EITHER CANCELLED OR POSTPONED UP TO NOW. I AM UTILIZING THIS TIME NOW TO TRAIN EASY AND BUILD BACK UP AGAIN AFTER MY AMAZING, THRILLING, AND ELECTRIFYING 2019 RACING YEAR !!!
RIGHT NOW THERE IS NOTHING AT STAKE WITH ALL THE RACE CANCELLATIONS. I WILL BUILD UP TRAINING AND STRENGHTHEN AND CORRECT MY LEFT PATELLA. AND THEN KICK JABRONEES ASSES, GAIN FAME AND FORTUNE WHEN WE CAN COMPETE AGAIN.
THE BIGGER, HIGH CALIBER, CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS ARE LATER IN THE YEAR OR HAVE BEEN POSTPONED LATER IN THE YEAR, (LIKE BOSTON MARATHON HAS NOW BEEN POSTPONED TO SEPTEMBER 14TH FOR EXAMPLE).
I AM READY- I HAVE MY NIKE VAPORFLY ZOOM X NEXT % READY TO ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL BABY !!!