The community track meets are back – and at the new high school track! Events will include field events, shorter distances appropriate for small children, longer distances events and relay races. We will also hold fun family games at each meet, such as sack races, a jump rope relay, and water balloon toss to celebrate the basics of track and field – running, jumping and throwing! These games are suitable for kids (and adults!) of all ages. The May 20th track meet is a state qualifier for the CO Hershey Track Meet (held June 15 in Grand Junction, CO) for youth ages 9-14.
- Community Track Meets take place on Monday nights: May 20, June 24 and July 22
- All Meets will be held at the Salida High School Track. This is a new facility and we ask that everyone treats it with respect. We’d like to hold these meets for years to come!
- Registration is from 5:15pm – 5:45pm. Meets will be held from 5:45pm-8:00pm.
- These meets are for everyone! In addition to the schedule listed, we will hold kid friendly “run, jump, throw” games during the meet.
- Price is $2 for kids/students and $4 for adults. Cost is for the entire meet.
- For all events, kids will compete first followed by adults. Officials may combine male and female competitors to the same heat to save time.
- We can help assign relay teams if needed/wanted – just ask.
- Volunteers are needed for these meets! Email salidaraces@cityofsalida or call 719-539-5703 if you are interested.